Israel is sending a clear message to Iran:
1. We are serious about self-defense, even as the rest of the world defaults to Neville Chamberlain mode.
2. Our intelligence services are second to none; we have eyes and ears—literally—on every aspect of your terror operations.
3. Ditto for your nuclear program.
4. The Israeli Air Force can strike anywhere and at anytime with devastating consequences. The IAF refuels in mid-air thus the Nantaz nuclear facility is well within our reach.
5. The Soviet radar defense systems have been fatally compromised.
6. You are toast.
Israeli sources quoted Tuesday by Time Magazine revealed that the January attack on a convoy of trucks carrying weapons bound for Hamas through Sudan was carried out by “dozens of aircraft.”According to the sources, the strike consisted of two runs by F-16 bombers, with F-15 fighter planes also on hand in order to provide a quick response in case Sudanese or other enemy aircraft decided to attack the squadron. After the initial bombing run, the sources said, drones flew over and filmed the burning 23-truck convoy. When the footage showed that it had not been completely destroyed, the F-16s were dispatched for a second pass.
The report said that the aircraft refueled over the Red Sea.
Complete story here.