Jury Duty: I was voted off the island late yesterday morning. The attorney representing the State in an eminent domain dispute correctly judged that yours truly would mentally check out during proceedings which promised to be a massive dose of Thorazine.
Who says President Obama is a divider?
In fact, Obama, whose hostility to Israel is obvious to 96% of the Israeli public—the remaining 4% are the fringe of the fringe—has managed the difficult feat of uniting lever-pulling Democrats in New York’s 9th District against the Democrat candidate. For the first time in over 90 years, a Republican has been swept into office. Remember this is a district where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans three to one.
More amazing is that Democrat Welprin, who claims to be an Orthodox Jew, has deep roots in the community. But the majority of Orthodox Jews voted for the non-Jewish Republican candidate Bob Turner, a Roman Catholic.
It’s a sign of the times.
Religious Zionists have emerged from their political and social shells, recognizing that our Christian friends are far more reliable supporters of Israel than Jewish Democrat hacks like Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Henry Waxman.
Our cousin, Assemblyman Dov Hikind, played a major role in the outcome of this election by throwing his full support behind Bob Turner.
Another issue that has deply alienated Welprin’s Jewish supporters was his vote in favor of redefining marriage. To most orthodox Jews, this is unacceptable.
I have no illusions that liberal Jews will vote Republican in the upcoming presidential elections, but enough of my liberal Hollywood friends have finally opened their eyes to Obama’s malignant hostility to Israel—not to mention his destructive, if not insane, economic policies—and will stay home on election day.