Does Obama Imagine Bob and Nancy Strait as His Parents?

Nancy and Bob Strait

Here’s a story you won’t hear about in the mainstream media.

Bob Strait, 90 a veteran of the 101st Airborne, was married to his wife Nancy, 85, for 65 years.

A few days ago, their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma was invaded by Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, a black thug armed with a BB gun.

Tyrone beat the aged couple and raped Nancy to death.

Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

Our post-racial President has made no statement about this outrage.

And except for the local media in Oklahoma, no one has noticed.

Instead, all the self-righteous attention is on black victim Trayvon Martin, and the demonized George Zimmerman, described by the NY Times as a “white Hispanic” a racial classification of which I have never heard, but leave it to liberals to out-Nazi the Nuremberg Laws.

George Zimmerman will be charged with a hate crime. Again, leave it to liberals to invent a victim hierarchy based on race.

Let me state the obvious: The Straits are not the victims of a hate crime, they don’t even exist and count for nothing in the cynical calculus that animates the mainstream media and the politicians who feed on politically correct corpses.

As for President Obama, you can be sure he does not imagine Bob or Nancy Strait as his parents.

A fund has been set up at Arvest Bank to help the family cover funeral expenses for Nancy Strait and rehabilitation for Bob Strait. The fund is called the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust.

H/T Daniel Greenfield

This entry was posted in Obama Watch and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Ciarrai
    Posted March 26, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Mr. Avrech,
    Prior to the murder of Trayvon Martin I had no inkling of the existence of this site. It is only due to the outpouring of outrage over his death that I have sought out some remedy for an imbalance that exists in coverage of crime by the “mass media.” The initial crime that heightened my awareness of the those media to cover certain crimes and not others was the murder, rape and defilement of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom in Knoxville, Tenn. in January, 2007 at the hands of 4 black males and 1 black female. Murder is never great, but this crime was particularly ugly and heinous. It caught my attention while playing with my new toy, the internet, and I wondered why no one was covering it (NYT, cable news networks, various network nightly news, etc.). I put their names in the Google box and only media from the Knoxville area were coming up. Here I get to the crux of my issue. Where is the fairness of this situation? How could these kids be brutalized and nothing is reported on the national news? I don’t diminish the death of the young Martin. His death is inexcusable and horrific. Each time I have seen his father on television in the wake of his son’s death, I have been moved and saddened by his loss. So, what about the families of the slaughtered Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom in Knoxville and those of Bob and Nancy Strait in Tulsa? Don’t they deserve media attention and why hasn’t the guy I voted for in 2008 come out with some acknowledgement of the similarity between him and any of these people.
    So, we have a propitious moment for a look at the issue of interracial crime, it seems to me (Sharpton and Jackson have made their fortunes as race-baiters, so they are out). Will someone step up nationally and say that black on white crime needs to be looked at with some objectivity and candor? Is that too much to ask? To do otherwise is to continue to make a mockery of the attempt to conciliate some level of racial harmony.
    I probably disagree with many of the views shared on this site, nevertheless, I feel it is necessary to promulgate my belief that an open, honest and candid look at interracial crime is utterly necessary and now would be a good time to start. I would welcome those views which don’t come from hate, but rather from a love of country and a desire to see a level playing field for all.
    Sincerely
    Ciarrai

Posted March 26, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Ciarrai:

Thanks so much for your articulate and deeply felt comment. I remember the Channon Christian case in all its horror and yes, the silence of the media was not just notable but criminal.

The fact that you probably disagree with many of the opinions expressed by Seraphic Secret makes your opinions that much more important, and frankly touching to yours truly.

I believe that Obama, by commenting so foolishly and so one-sidedly on the Martin-Zimmerman case displays a moral failure that alone disqualifies him for a second term. Our commander-in-chief should not, must not, be a race baiter.

Again, we are grateful that you have spoken out so eloquently and we hope that you will stay in touch with us.

• kishke
      Posted March 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Ciarrai: You assume Trayvon Martin was murdered. On what evidence, pray tell? A police report has now been leaked that points to his death having been dealt in self-defense. That’s not murder.

• Ciarrai
        Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

You make a good point. It is presumptuous to call it murder. I guess I have sympathy for the loss of the young life and the pain of his parents. However, I heard a report that stated that Mr. Zimmerman was not drug tested after the incident and he was not detained. He was allowed to leave the scene. These two claims, if true, are hard to understand. I’ve heard that the dead Mr. Martin’s blood was tested, however. Look, the whole thing stinks. However it comes out, a young boy has lost his life, his parents grieve, the shooter’s life is ruined and Al Sharpton has gotten his fix. Forget about the fact that, according to one source, 90% plus of the black victims of homicide are also black. That would not fit Sharpton narrative. And God forbid anyone should talk about interracial crimes other than those committed by whites against blacks. Honesty and fairness would dictate that crimes committed on whites by blacks would have to be included in the conversation, but it is run away from. Ignoring the problem only makes things worse. In the words of Rodney King, why can’t we all just get along?” I know that hate is a killer and love is salvation.

• mackdown
      Posted April 9, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

@Ciarrai: I share your feelings. I too am politically liberal on most issues and voted for Obama in 2008 but I too am becoming very disturbed at how the issue of race is addressed in America. Racism seems to be a one way street with the US media and the race baiters. I am an expat living in Thailand and have traveled all over SE Asia. Living here makes me have even less sympathy for Black America who in reality have no idea what real racism and oppression are and haven’t for a long time. I’m tired of white people being demonized and I am tired of blacks in America who demand an incredible degree of respect they are never willing to extend to anyone else.

• Ciarrai
        Posted April 10, 2012 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Yes, yes and yes. Furthermore, since the killings in Tulsa over the weekend by the white man and his native American accomplice (referred to as white: a catch-all phrase), I have asked in email opining at the NYT website “what about Bob and Nancy Strait who were victimized by one (or more) black males resulting in the death of Nancy and the barest survival of a horrible beating managed by her 90 y.o. husband, Bob.” I have yet to have a single word published about it? To which I must reply: what’s up with that? It is a pathetic state of affairs and it does a disservice to all law-abiding people.

2. dahozho
    Posted March 26, 2012 at 8:06 am | Permalink

I have to admit that I completely missed the Florida incident.  I’ve been too involved with the murders of children WHO REALLY COULD BE MINE, and are now all Klal Israel’s, just as the Fogels are.  (Yes, of course they were before, but terrorism really drives it home.)

Where is the sympathy for ACTUAL innocents, Mr. President?  The child set on *fire* because of his race?  The children and parent *murdered* because of their community & religion?  The elderly war hero & his wife beaten/raped because a punk had apparently nothing better to do and didn’t see them as human?

Why is there sympathy for a punk kid who was apparently beating an adult into the ground (who know why) and ended up paying for his uncivilized behavior??  ‘Cause he was the “right” race??  NO– I do not accept it.  I do not accept all this outpouring of “see what happens to our sons of color.”

No.  If you raise your child to mind his/her business, act as you want others to act towards you, and stay in the law– I don’t care what color you are, you’ll be ok in general.

If you walk around in a hoodie, pants around your upper thighs, verbally abusing anyone you think might be “looking at you funny”, trying to intimidate everyone around you– yeah, you’re gonna get treated as you PRESENT.  Present like a punk, get treated like one– no matter what color you are.  Straighten up & fly right, you’ll get more actual respect.

I see these kids EVERY DAY on Metro.  Get over race– its your *behavior* that matters.  If thuggery is your ‘culture’– accept the consequences for your presentation.  The black community needs to really look at itself and ask why these young men cannot behave in a civilized, rational manner.  And then start raising them as civilized, contributing human beings.

Unlike MY child, who is a target because his head is covered, he wears his tzitzit, and goes to a religious day school.  And apparently no one other than our community will even notice if little preschoolers are targets just for going to school.  Sigh.  Ok, done ranting.

3. AliasJoe
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

What a tragic, sad ending to their life together…

Bob is a part of the “Greatest Generation”. He would have been about 22 when the Battle of the Bulge took place, and if he was in the 101st at that time, he likely was there. To survive World War II and to come home and make a life for himself, only to have his marriage end like this.

What a society we’ve become…

Posted March 25, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I tuned into Morning Joe for the first time in a long while Friday and remembered what I hate about those pompous a****.  They wanted Zimmerman arrested now and any delay in executing him was a sign of racism.

Sentence now and we’ll have the trial later. And when they praised Al Sharpton I had to turn to ESPN. Sharpton could say the Pope is Catholic and I’d want proof of his baptism before I’d believe it. He could say water is wet and I’d want 10 hydrologists to confirm it before I’d take Sharpton’s word for it. A martian could land on this planet tomorrow and even they would know Sharpton is a race hustler and demagogue that shouldn’t be given a scintilla of credibility.

There will be plenty of time to dump on Zimmerman but at least let the process work itself out. Obama should have learned from the Gates case to keep his trap shut and the Fluke fiasco should have taught him that there are a lot of Travon Martins of a different shade of skin tone that he will be expected to comment on.

5. Posted March 25, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

thank you, Robert, for this crucially important addition to the national discourse.  The demagogues and race-baiters on the left are not interested in the truth, but it is essential that those not blinded by their racial or political allegiances be informed about the facts and realities of the criminal activity in this country.  I think it is necessary and advisable for you to have an even wider audience, Robert.  Your posts should be disseminated via townhall.com and/or other conservative pundits and web sites.  Robert Avrech is a national treasure !

Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Danwohl:

Thanks so much for the kind words. It means a great deal to me that I have managed to touch your life.

Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:50 am | Permalink

I wonder if Jesse and Al will be showing up in Tulsa?

7. kishke
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

you can be sure he does not imagine Bob or Nancy Strait as his parents.

Or that if he had a son he would look like Tyrone Dale.

Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Robert:

So glad that The Black Panthers are on the case. We can all rest well. Wait, here comes Reverend Al…ah, now  all is safe and secure.

9. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 8:58 am | Permalink

George Zimmerman, described by the NY Times as a “white Hispanic” a racial classification of which I have never heard.

So the New York Times has fubally noticed that HISPANICS are WHITE.

Ghastly. We must all pray for the victims and their family.

• Miranda Rose Smith
      Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:00 am | Permalink

So the New York Times has finally noticed that HISPANICS are WHITE-CORRECTION-DON’T DELETE.

• Solaratov
        Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Well, not exactly. Only in THIS instance – and only because Zimmermann was mis-identified as a ‘white man’. So, in order to cover for that, the NYT invented a *new* race: the “White Hispanic”. That this “race” is hitherto unknown (and, seemingly, applies to only one human being) makes no difference. The NYT says it is so.
        All *other* Hispanics, Latinos, whatever, are still considered “a minority”; and, as such, are expected to vote democRAT (if they know what’s good for them).

6 Trackbacks