Friday Footwear: Killer Heels

Handgun Heels by Chanel

Handgun Heels by Chanel

Dear Seraphic Secret:

It’s true, we are depressed that Obama won the election. We are also angry that the Second Amendment is under attack by the commies who now run the U. S. government. But we still love shoes. So what gives, Robert? Is Karen walking around in flip-flops? Come on. Get over it. And bring back Friday Footwear!

Respectfully,

Seeking Solace in Shoes

Dear Seeking Solace in Shoes:

It’s true, We have been incredibly depressed. And we figured that with all that’s going on in this country right now it might seem a bit, um, frivolous to do Friday Footwear. But you know what? You’re right. Just because the country is going to the running dogs of socialism doesn’t mean that we should surrender women’s most cherished front: footwear.

Karen in flip-flops?

Oh, the horror.

A Chastened,

Seraphic Secret

Color is making a big comeback in 2013. Hamper Elaphee Pumps by Brian Atrwood.

Color is making a big comeback in 2013. Hamper Elaphee Pumps by Brian Atwood.

Kick a progressive gun-hater with these YSL flats.

Kick a progressive gun-hater with these YSL flats.

Fendi's knock-out sculptural heels look like Leggos.

Fendi’s knock-out sculptural heels look like Leggos.

Roger Vivier wants you to look like a tropical bird.

Roger Vivier wants you to look like a tropical bird.

You can always count on Valentino for his elegant, saturated deep red.

You can always count on Valentino for elegant, saturated, red heels. The studs are a nice touch.

Witty flats by Nicholas Kirkwood inspired by Picasso's Cubism.

Witty flats by Nicholas Kirkwood, inspired by Picasso’s Cubism.

Totally retro and totally cool. The New York Lisa Heel by Kate Spade.

Totally retro and totally cool. The New York Lisa Heel by Kate Spade.

Not sure who makes these golden handgun heels, but I'm going to track them down and buy a pair for Karen.

No idea who makes these golden handgun heels, but I’m going to track them down and buy a pair for Karen.

Meanwhile, Karen is wearing the Michael Kors Ilona pump.

Meanwhile, Karen is enjoying the Michael Kors Ilona Pump I bought her as a Chanukah gift.

Karen and I wish all our friends and relatives a lovely and inspirational Shabbat.

This entry was posted in Friday Footwear, Second Amendment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Nickie Clifford
    Posted January 27, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I’m loving Karen’s nude Michael Kors platform pumps (very Kate Middleton) – and she’s rocking them (I do love me some Michael Kors).  I’m both envious and admiring of her ability to maintain her balance.  Alas, just like skiing – my ‘high’ heel wearing days are behind me – as my husband says: “It wouldn’t be a pretty picture” if I ended-up flat on my tushy;)

Posted January 28, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Nickie:

Karen loves her MK nude pumps. She is just 5 feet so the color elongates her frame.

2. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Adult’s shoes with toy guns as the heels? Not funny. When my brother was about four, he had an umbrella with a toy gun as the handle.

• Miranda Rose Smith
      Posted January 27, 2013 at 1:22 am | Permalink

What do you need to wait and moderate about that?

Posted January 27, 2013 at 7:37 am | Permalink

I don’t control the moderation. It just does it automatically. No idea why that comment would be held. I’m as baffled as you are.

3. Jane E.
    Posted January 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Beautiful shoes: Proof that G*d loves us! (beer, a close second)

Posted January 25, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

The gold ones, ” The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys”. Had to give them up when I started golf. Gave me a terrible slice.

5. alterbentzion
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Here’s serendipity: The BBC’s running <a href=”http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21151350″ title=”BBC story about the history of high heels”>a story today about the history of high heels</a>.

(Hope that link displays correctly!)

Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Alter:

Thanks so much.

Here’s a link that works: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21151350 to the BBC article about the show. Well written and informative. And what a shock, they don’t find a way to bash Israel or Jews. Quite an accomplishment for the BBC.

6. alterbentzion
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

I dig the feathers, mesself. Now if only color would come back in for men! Nowadays I get depressed suit- and slacks shopping.
    Have a relaxing Shabbos.

Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Alter:

I usually wear navy blue suits, but add color with good silk ties, purchased from Brooks Bros., and Ben Silver. Their colors are really outstanding. When I wear a jacket and slacks, I go a little crazy and wear colorful socks. I always wear a colorful pocket square, usually crimson, cobalt blue, yellow or pink. My yarmulke is always black, but now I switch between linen black and velvet black.

7. Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Well, if I had a spare $900 around, I could buy those Kirkwood flats as a gift for a dear friend of mine, but that’s very much out of my league.  I don’t even want to imagine how much those luscious Valentinos or the wonderful Roger Viviers cost!  And you may say Picasso, Robert, but Nordstrom’s website says Jean Cocteau – I wonder if somebody there was watching The Testament of Orpheus?

Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Christoper:

Michelle Obama regularly drops a few K (of your tax dollars) on shoes. Doesn’t that make you feel better?

Cocteau, huh?

I walked out of “Testament” when they showed it in college. Hard to watch Cocteau when you’re sort of obsessed with Hitchcock and Howard Hawks.

Thanks for the correction.

• Brianna
        Posted January 25, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Actually, Michelle’s clothing bills do annoy me a bit.  Not so much because of the money (it’s probably coming out of their personal funds, so it’s not my business), but because you’d think that if you’re going to blow thousands of dollars on clothes, you could at least come away from it with good looking clothes!  So many of the things I’ve seen her in are just awful-looking.

Posted January 25, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Brianna:

Vogue keeps trying to convince its readership that Mooch is a great fashionista. But when a woman consistently wears a thick belt right under her armpits, well, give us a break.

8. exdemexlib
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:45 am | Permalink

No idea who makes these golden handgun heels
    Chanel does.
    disclosure: I confess total ignorance and apathy about shoes with fake guns,
    (now if they were 007-inspired detachable firing weapons, then i might get interested in footwear ;-)   )
    but my daughters seem to know a great deal about such matters, so full credit to the middle one for this site

Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:44 am | Permalink

exdem:

Thanks for doing the footwear detective work. But I don’t see the golden heels on the link?

• maya
        Posted January 25, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

They are apparently from the 2008/2009 “Cruise” Collection, so I doubt they’re being sold by Chanel – you’d have to source them elsewhere, I imagine.
        Those feather shoes are kind of delightful.

9. Posted January 25, 2013 at 9:23 am | Permalink

I … Want. Them. All. Sigh.

Posted January 25, 2013 at 10:53 am | Permalink