How To Kill An IslamoNazi

Meet Larry, my buddy from Bensonhurst. Okay, so it’s not Larry. For reasons of security his identity cannot be compromised. But take my word for it, Larry looks exactly like Gary Cooper in High Noon. Or not.

Meet Larry, my buddy from Bensonhurst. Okay, so it’s not Larry. For reasons of security his identity cannot be compromised. But take my word for it, Larry looks exactly like Gary Cooper in High Noon. Or not.

The Obama administration has blamed the Orlando massacre on guns. Of course, the slaughter was engineered and committed by an IslamoNazi who repeatedly proclaimed his allegiance to ISIS.

In 2009, during a trip to Israel, I ran into an old friend from Brooklyn who, armed with a Glock, saved scores of innocent Jews by bravely confronting an IslamoNazi.

This article originally appeared in Breitbart. I am republishing it now because the Democrats have become enablers of jihad by shifting focus from an evil ideology to chunks of inanimate steel.

This true story demonstrates why a free people must remain armed.

Shabbat in the Israeli town of Efrat is a deeply spiritual experience.

The sun falls, gently folding itself into the surrounding hills and valleys. The same Judean hills where Jews have lived, worked and fought since Biblical times.

The unearthly light makes a final golden splash.

My wife Karen and I are visiting Karen’s brother David, his wife Elana, and their four children, residents of Efrat.

Attending Sabbath services in an Efrat synagogue, out of the corner of my eye, I spot “Larry.”

Security requires that I do not use his real name.

We’re both from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, a tough neighborhood even by Brooklyn standards. Together, we attended high school, Brooklyn Talmudic Academy, a tough Yeshiva even by San Quentin standards.

We have been friends forever.

Larry’s parents are Holocaust survivors and as Larry often tells me, his father is obsessed over the fact that so many Jews were unprepared, mentally and physically, to fight the Nazis.

Concentration-camp-gun-free-zone

“He’s written thousands of pages about this,” Larry confides.

Thus, it is only fitting and somewhat ironic that several years ago, in an Efrat supermarket, Larry bravely confronted an Arab Muslim homicide bomber and killed him.

Larry and I discuss the incident in which Larry, no doubt, saved scores of innocent lives, men, women, children and infants.

“How’d you know he was a terrorist?”

“I didn’t. I mean I knew him. He worked on a construction crew here in Efrat. For years.”

“So what made you suspect that he was dangerous?”

Larry is no John Wayne. He’s middle-aged, doughy around the mid-section, has an infectious smile, and wears a yarmulke. Larry is, well, just a regular guy from Brooklyn.

“Look,” says Larry, “he was an Arab worker, we got along just fine. But the day I saw him wasn’t one of the days he was supposed to be here. Also, he was heading into the supermarket, a place he never ever went to. And he was wearing an overcoat on a very hot day. It was all wrong.”

“What did you do?”

“I was outside when I spotted him. I followed him into the supermarket and I looked at his face and he looked, I dunno, spacey, all drugged up.”

Hamas–a proudly Jew-hating and genocidal yearning terrorist organization– often medicate their homicide bombers. Drugs dull the edge of fear.

“How did you know you weren’t shooting an innocent man?”

“He sizzled.”

“Excuse me?”

“He tried to self-detonate. There was a malfunction. I saw smoke. But homicide bombers are almost always armed with redundancy, a second detonator. I didn’t want to take a chance on him hitting the backup trigger. We were in a supermarket. Women and children all around. I drew and and shot him in the chest.”

“You shot to kill.”

Larry nods.

“How did you feel when you saw him go down?”

My buddy ponders for a long moment: “Scared, relieved. I dunno. You do what you gotta do.”

“Not everybody would have had the presence of mind.”

Larry shrugs and half smiles: “Hey, us Bensonhurst kids had to grow up tough, right?”

“I guess.”

We study each others’ faces. We are older, middle-aged, we have children and grandchildren, but we are still our impish and dopey childhood selves.

“Nobody lives in the old neighborhood anymore,” Larry sighs.

“Yup, they’re all gone.”

We step outside where men and women gather before heading home for the Sabbath meal. Friends make plans to visit, share coffee, dessert and lively conversation.

A fresh, evening breeze dances through the winding streets of Efrat.

Together, Larry and I stroll along. I press my friend for more information. Details are all important in counter-terrorism. And Americans better get wise to the details in order to effectively deal with the emerging grassroots Islamist terrorist threat. The United States is, after Israel, ground zero for the Caliphate Islamists.

“The Glock is a good weapon when every millisecond counts,” says Larry. “There’s no safety, which can take precious time away from shooting. You can keep a round in the chamber, then just draw and fire.”

Larry carries his Glock in a Fobus speed holster.

“What kind of rounds did you use?”

“I keep hollow points in the Glock, but my spare magazine has full metal jackets. The day I killed the terrorist, I put him down with the hollow points. Don’t want to use full metal jackets in a crowded supermarket, they’ll go right through and kill an innocent bystander.”

“The supermarket was crowded?”

“At that time of day, sure. That’s why it was chosen as the target. Look, the terrorist was here,” Larry demonstrates using his body and mine, “and behind him were several women and children.”

“How close were you to the the terrorist?”

“About fourteen feet.”

I shiver.

Most gunfights, contrary to popular mythology, take place within seven feet. Fourteen feet can seem like a yawning chasm when the adrenalin is pumping, innocent bystanders are all around, and a determined terrorist has his finger on the detonator.

“The full metal slugs would have gone right through him and there’s no telling…”

Larry’s voice trails off.

My childhood buddy is a sweet man, a devoted husband, father, and grandfather. There is no bravado in Larry. He’s fine with killing the terrorist, but it does not define who he is.

Me, I’d script a self-glorifying movie, get all aw’ shucks on talk shows, try and cash in, big time.

It’s time to go home and enjoy the evening meal. It’s time to enjoy the miracle of the Jewish Sabbath.

There is an entire culture and religion bent on eradicating Israel and Jews.

We are so few, and we are so vulnerable.

But there are scores of men and women like Larry in the Jewish state who are armed and willing to do battle with the jihadists.

Larry and I hug.

“You’re my hero,” I say.

Larry chuckles, “Great. So when are you going to make a movie about me?”

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Islam, Islam Denial, Islamic State, Islamic Terror, IslamoNazi Kidnappings, IslamoNazis, Israel, Obama Watch, Orlando Massacre, Second Amendment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. eyawitz
    Posted June 30, 2016 at 4:14 am | Permalink

Today I had a discussion with someone (happens to be my boss) who lives in Efrat and definitely fits into the category of “Religious Zionist”. He knows “Larry” personally and remembers the story (he said it occurred about 15 years ago.) Despite all that, he doesn’t think that it constitutes an argument against the Federal gun control laws being proposed today, and in fact he said that Israel’s gun control laws are more strict than anything the Democrats are dreaming of. I tried to say something to the effect that the Left in America is trying to disarm everyone, but he dismissed it and also said something to the effect that “no one needs a machine gun”.

The conversation reached the point where I was ready to change the subject (even though he is a couple of years younger than me, he is my direct superior at work), but afterwards I was thinking that the remark about what people “need” is really the point here. As I understand it, the American Revolution was fought over the really revolutionary idea that people’s rights are inherently theirs, not something that the ruling class grants them based on what they can claim they need. This is the idea expressed in the first sentence of the Declaration of Independence and which went against everything about government that everyone believed at the time. Evidently, that idea is still quite controversial, and probably not even understood even by most of the people living in relatively free countries.

Posted June 30, 2016 at 7:24 am | Permalink

It is a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs.

• pkoning
      Posted June 30, 2016 at 8:01 am | Permalink

The “machine gun” claim is just a lie. An AR15 isn’t a machine gun, and the people pushing for the ban know that perfectly well. They choose to lie because that’s how they work.

The other point is that their goal isn’t to ban AR15s. Their goal is to ban all weapons in the hands of honest civilians. They’ve said so explicitly. (When the Brady Bill passed, the head of HCI said “this is what the nose of the camel looks like — now we’ll show people what the rest of the camel is”.) First they came for machine guns (in 1934). Then they came for inexpensive handguns (“saturday night specials”, an explicitly racist concept). Then they came for compact semi-auto rifles (“assault weapons”). Next, who knows, but rest assured, there will be a next.

Finally, always remember that the specific and clear purpose of the 2nd amendment IS to protect the people’s right to keep military grade weapons. It has nothing to do with hunting, never did, never will. (The Supreme Court has repeatedly said so very clearly; see the Miller decision for example.)

Posted June 29, 2016 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Years ago when I was in the Army I had taken a class on gathering intelligence. What I took away form that – and remember 43 years later – is that there are frequently many signs that virtually all people ignore but can tell you that something is different.

The overcoat, for example.

The fact that he never went to that supermarket, and was absent from work that day.

Things that 99.9 percent of the people that day ignored.

Perhaps Karen has a psychological term for it but their minds just didn’t process it.

One of the great mysteries on this side which will never be known is whether G*d helped him that day with the malfunction.

The bomber obviously believed G*d was on his side but He wouldn’t be on both sides.

Also unknown is the number of people Larry saved that day, but i am sure it was substantial.

• pkoning
      Posted July 1, 2016 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Susan Callaway (“Mama Liberty”) is a firearms / self defense instructor in Wyoming. Some of her training material is available on-line. (I think it’s “upon request” but that is freely granted.)

She places a lot of emphasis on “situational awareness”, observing that most people are not well aware of their surroundings — even if they aren’t engrossed in their smartphones. She discusses how to learn to correct that, working gradually outward from just a foot or two in front of your face to 20 or so feet in every direction. Her argument is that this isn’t a familiar thing for most people, but it is readily learned, with practice.

It’s clear to me that Larry has that situational awareness. And that this was a blessing to his fellow humans.

3. kishke
    Posted June 29, 2016 at 8:14 am | Permalink

It’s a great story, and Larry’s quick action saved lives. But if the bomber’s detonator hadn’t malfunctioned, he would have been successful. Larry was lucky too.

Posted June 28, 2016 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Murder all over the place. Istanbul today. Those darn Crusaders need to apologize.

Posted June 29, 2016 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Don’t be surprised if a segment of Turkish society blames Israel.

Posted June 29, 2016 at 11:25 am | Permalink

You do know, of course, that my crusaders comment was intended as sarcasm.

Posted June 29, 2016 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Barry:

I do.

Mine, you know, was not:-)

I think an ironic font would be a great boost for the blogosphere.

5. Posted June 28, 2016 at 8:22 am | Permalink

Very nice.
    And, it suddenly occurs to me – are one you guys the “big, strong kid from Bensonhurst [who] had hit one out of sight”? (The Ninth Man; Journeys)