I Was Raped By The Taliban And I liked It…

de-crem-vond-ego-belangrijker-dan-mensenleven-crapuleus-is-dat_7_235x280.jpg
Joanie de Rijke, feminist friend to the Taliban.

Ever wonder why so-called western “feminists” rarely protest the savage oppression of women in Muslim countries?

In Afghanistan women who try and get an education regularly have acid thrown in their faces. Or they are murdered in the streets. In Saudi Arabia women are forbidden to drive. All over the Muslim world so-called honor killings are everyday occurrences.

And yet western feminists are silent, reserving their energies for pro-abortion activism—including barbaric third term abortions—and advocating for changing the traditional definition of marriage.

It’s safe to say that most secular western feminists are leftists and their world view is a fashionable cocktail of Marxism, multi-culturalism, moral equivalence and a strong dose of tolerance—if not downright admiration—for the most intolerant fanatics who stalk this earth.

And the poster child for this world view is Dutch leftist/feminist/journalist Joanie de Rijke who was kidnapped by the Taliban and serially raped for six days until a ransom of $137,000 was paid by the Dutch government.

Joanie de Rijke2.jpg
Joanie de Rijke traveled to Afghanistan to conduct a “sympathetic
interview” with Taliban Islamists who killed ten French troops.

I believed that rape is evil.

I believe that rapists should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I believe that victims of rape—and I heard lots of rape stories when I was researching a film in prison, so I include homosexual rape in this equation—have been violated in ways that can almost never be psychically expunged.

But what do I know.

I’m not an enlightened progressive.

Most women who get repeatedly raped while being held captive might find that a tad objectionable. Not Joanie de Rijke, 43 year old left wing Dutch journalist who traveled to Afghanistan expecting to interview members of the Taliban. Taken captive by a Taliban commander, she was repeatedly raped by her Muslim captor while awaiting payment of a ransom. He even invited her to have a threesome with one of his three wives. After the ransom was paid and Ms. de Rijke was released, she defended her captor, saying she bore no animus: “I do not want to depict the Taliban as monsters. I am not angry with Ghazi Gul. After all, he let me live” and, she added, “they . . . respected me” and that they gave her “tea and biscuits.”

Tea, biscuits… and rape.

Sounds like a new trend.

By the way, don’t make the mistake of assuming this woman is crazy, or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Nothing of the sort. She is eminently sane. And she sympathized with her abductors and rapists before the crimes were committed. No, this creature is a perfect product of left wing dhimmitude. How much do you want to bet that Joanie despises Israel and spends lots of energy denouncing Israel—Israel bashing is popular among feminists—as a colonial, apartheid regime.

To read the full story, please head on over to Wolf Howling, one of the smartest bloggers in the known universe.

D09607_3.gif

Excellent article by Dore Gold on Israeli Settlements and U.S. Policy. Gold sketches in historical facts that the Obama administration conveniently ignores, or of which they are completely ignorant. Most likely a combination.

Israeli settlements in the territories captured in the 1967 Six-Day War date back more than forty years. They began as military and agricultural outposts that were located for the most part in strategically significant areas of the West Bank which Israel planned to eventually claim. These settlements were also situated in areas from which Jews had been evicted [by Arabs] during the 1948 War. While the U.S. did not support the settlement enterprise, its response to the settlements has varied in intensity, depending on the overall relationship between the two countries.

For the complete article, click here.

This entry was posted in Jihad Watch. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. onesmalllamb
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Its about time that feminists start to speak for those who cannot defend themselves.  How can we be silent while women are being killed just because they are either born female (i.e. China) or they desire to make something more of themselves?  Shame on women for not speaking up against tyranny and gendercide.

2. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted August 26, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Daily World Watch:
    Thanks so much for the link. Keep up the fine work.

3. Posted August 26, 2010 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Just tagged this piece of yours in an article of mine…
    Check it out…
    – From a fellow right winger…

4. again someone
    Posted June 19, 2010 at 11:31 am | Permalink

dear mr. avrech,
    I wonder when you traded your last bit of reasonable thought for a whole batch of neurons fully subscribing to, yet another ideology, not a cent better or different than the one you are “criticizing”, if one may call it that.. but the upside is, if it is these kinds of websites that nobody reads for information but only for pleasure, whether it is to see one’s absurd thoughts confirmed OR to laugh at the latter, then you sure cannot do any harm, however far from reason and reality everything you say is.. enjoy your ideological prism! (I just noticed prism sounds like just prison, which would be just as correct here – this will make a great play of words I’ll surely make use of every now and then)

5. someone
    Posted June 19, 2010 at 11:19 am | Permalink

this is the worst kind of misrepresentation of facts I’ve seen in a while. if you are unable to see words of a traumatized person in light of the events she lived, but have to interpret your anti-“leftist” anti-tolerant anti-“what-you-call-antisemitism,by which you make actual antisemitism a joke” into it, you are just voluntarily giving up your own credibility and humanity. but go ahead, luckily noone cares about the nonsense you write!

6. Posted June 12, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

DrCarol,
    I’m not clinging to God; I’m an atheist, and right-wing with it. Which is particularly handy when arguing with the pro-abortionists, as they simply can’t get their heads around the existence of an argument against their position that isn’t based on religion.
    Come to think of it, I believe Christopher Hitchens is a pro-lifer.

7. DrCarol
    Posted June 12, 2009 at 6:35 am | Permalink

Miranda,
    Liberals say worse about conservatism. They say it’s *evil*–racist, classist, greedy, hateful–and that conservatives are stupid, bitter, deluded people clinging to religion and guns.
    They’ve got the clinging to G-d and guns right, though.

8. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 3

9. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Dear Robert: Tell your fine psychologist friend that my father, of blessed memory, was a liberal; my mother is a liberal; I resent what he said. You wouldn’t like anyone saying conservativism was a disease, would you?
    Dear Mrs. Avrech: I believe that, under her politically correct blather, Ms. de Rijke feels the devastating rage, terror, humiliation of any rape victim. But in the cicles she travels in, she’s not allowed to say so. How long do you think it will take her to have a breakdown?

10. pdwalker
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

Mrs Avrech, you’re scaring me.

11. Posted June 11, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

A combination of psychoanalysis and the left wing mind reveals the Taliban rape as an ideal ‘win/win” wish fulfillment. All left wingers are motivated by some underlying guilt — they need to feel that they are self sacrificing for a nobel cause. Forfeiting her body to her captors is an ultimate act of self abnegation that satisfies this “Joan of Arc” fantasy. On the other hand, some unconscious part of this woman identifies with the “noble savage” and the bad boy who takes her against her will. She gets to have this fantasy fulfilled without taking responsibility for the “dirty” act. This woman got to be a saint and sinner (without any shame) at the same time — what a bargain!

12. jeff
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 11:53 am | Permalink

It’s increasingly clear that many Western women–especially upper middle class–are so angry and so unhappy that they believe ANYTHING would be better than the society in which they live. And the better off they are financially and the more rights and privileges they have, the angrier and unhappier they seem to be.
    I’ve resisted coming to this conclusion, but it’s harder and harder to ignore.

13. Jonathan
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 7:26 am | Permalink

RE: Settlements
    I was listening to a program on the increased archaeological findings along the Tigris and Euphrates in Iraq due to low water levels. They referred to the Jewish sites they found as “settlements.”
    From the companion article:
    “Ratib says that at least 75 archeological sites had been partially excavated before the area was flooded. They ran the gamut of civilizations — from 3,000 B.C. to the Sumerian and Roman periods. Ancient Jewish settlements were also submerged in the area.”

Posted June 11, 2009 at 4:50 am | Permalink

I read somewhere that de Rijke was upset that they wouldn’t pay the 2 or 3 million dollar ransom before they forked over the $180,000. Reminds me of Bette Midler in Ruthless People:
    “Do I understand this correctly? I’m being marked down?
    [Starts crying]
    I’ve been kidnapped by K-Mart!”
    Actually de Rijke would make a good liberal Obama supporter. Watching him flipping and a-flopping on issues near and dear to liberals is shrugged off because he’s not a republican. He could be caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl and MSNBC would tell us how wonderful it is to have a president not tied down by typical middle class values.

15. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Regarding Israel-bashing left wing women: I really seriously don’t understand how such women can exist, particularly in Europe. Given that if, G-d forbid, Israel is ever destroyed, the Islamofascists have made it plain that Europe is next on their hit list, and given how the Arabs behave, any country they take over, any chance they get, quite seriously, you would think that any EUROPEAN woman who found the prospect of being raped by 50 Arabs-with no tea and biscuits-a bit disconcerting would be very pro-Israel.

16. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted June 11, 2009 at 12:14 am | Permalink

Regarding Joanie de Rijke: Lets give the poor thing the benefit of the doubt and say that she’s suffering from Stockholm Syndrome-or fears for the safety of other Western hostages.

17. pdwalker
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Of course they showed her respect. They didn’t kill her in the way she deserved. After all, having been born in the affluent West makes her a creature worthy of destruction.
    How kind of her captors to only repeatedly rape her instead of killing her.
    Madness! Sick!
    I read her story and I end up being more disgusted with her than I do the animals that raped her. How could she even think like that? Deep down, is she really so divorced from reality?
    Truly the West has lost its soul.

18. Mark
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

excellent post as always!

19. kishke
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

If she enjoyed it so much, why’d she want to be freed?

20. Posted June 10, 2009 at 10:16 am | Permalink

I haven’t any words.

21. Lance
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 9:44 am | Permalink

“Liberalism is a mental disease.”
    Spot on.

22. Posted June 10, 2009 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Jake:
    Sociopath, perfect.
    As a fine psychologist I know is fond of saying: “Liberalism is a mental disease.”

23. Posted June 10, 2009 at 9:35 am | Permalink

GW:
    You’re very welcome. Please keep up the fine work.

24. Posted June 10, 2009 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Lance:
    Charity, indeed. Further proof that the left distorts language in order to distort reality.

25. Posted June 10, 2009 at 9:28 am | Permalink

This is another example of how leftists typically side with an outside aggressor, because they hate their intramural rivals even more.
    Again, I equate this with the rare kid who refuses to defend even a hated sibling when outsiders are beating him/her up.
    That kid is a sociopath.

26. Posted June 10, 2009 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Jeez, but do I wish I actually lived up to my billing . . . lol . . . thank you, Robert, for the link and kind words.

27. Lance
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Only the demented liberal mind can make rape a charitable act.
    I wont hold my breath for the presser from NOW and other so called womens groups.
    Disgusting!