The ombudsmen from both the New York Times and the Washington Post, arguably the most influential newspapers in the mainstream media, have spanked their respective colleagues for not pursuing the Libya story.
The mainstream media’s lack of interest in this scandal is obvious: The Obama regime, which is guilty of a gross dereliction of duty — ignoring the security needs of murdered Libyan ambassador Chris Stevens and four other men — is now covering up its negligence.
If this had happened under a Republican administration, you can be sure the liberal media would smell blood in the water and, quite properly, go after the truth.
Remember Watergate? And no one was murdered in that mess.
This is a far more consequential scandal that, politically, is a game-changer. But the reporters — Obama campaign workers — from the N.Y. Times and the Washington Post have decided that reelecting Barack Hussein Obama is their primary task. Seeking the truth is so yesterday.
We are witness to a unique moment in American history: when a free press willfully and shamefully becomes, of their own free will, the propagandists for a single political party.
This is the road to tyranny.
Keep in mind that Barack Hussein Obama’s political hatchet woman, Valerie Jarrett, has round-the-clock Secret Service protection. But our people in Libya, who begged for effective security, were left naked.
Here’s a simple question that should be posed to the Obama regime: Who instructed Ambassador Susan Rice to tell the American public that the Benghazi massacre was the result of a “spontaneous demonstration” against the You Tube video that got out-of-hand?
So far, the best journalism about Libyagate comes out of Great Britain. This report from The Telegraph:
A small British firm based in south Wales had secured a contract to provide security for American diplomatic facilities in Benghazi despite having only a few months experience in the country.
Sources have told the Daily Telegraph that just five unarmed locally hired Libyans were placed on duty at the compound on eight-hour shifts under a deal that fell outside the State Department’s global security contracting system.
Blue Mountain, the Camarthen firm that won a $387,000 (£241,000) one year contract from the US State Department to protect the compound in May, sent just one British employee, recruited from the celebrity bodyguard circuit, to oversee the work.
The compound was overrun by a mob of Islamic extremists on the morning of September 12 in an apparent planned attack that resulted in the death by asphyxiation of the ambassador, Chris Stevens.
Blue Mountain, which is run by a former member of the SAS, received paper work to operate in Libya last year following the collapse of Col Muammar Gaddafi’s regime. It worked on short term contacts to guard an expatriate housing compound and a five-star hotel in Tripoli before landing the prestigious US deal.
Other firms in the security industry expressed surprise that Blue Mountain had won a large, high profile contract from the US government. One industry executive said the level of service Blue Mountain provided did not appear adequate to the risks presented by a lawless city.