More Liberal Wisdom: “Defend Yourselves With Ball Point Pens.” Plus a Proustian Digression

Handle with care. This ball point pen is a deadly weapon in the hands of a ferocious liberal.

As a Hollywood screenwriter, I pride myself on having a pretty vivid imagination.

But I have to admit that the average liberal/Democrat/progressive manages to come up with anti-gun narratives that are, to put it mildly, beyond imagination.

Yesterday, Seraphic Secret highlighted some liberal rape prevention advice from the University of Colorado Springs, which included telling women to vomit, urinate, or tell the attacker they have a disease. As if making yourself less attractive will dissuade a rapist. I suppose liberals have not received the memo that rape is more about dominance than sex.

Now comes another liberal Democrat, Colorado State Senator Ulaberri—must be the legalization of pot—who adds ball point pens to the mighty arsenal of liberal self-defense.

YouTube Preview Image

With all due respect to Senator Ulaberri—a polite way of saying we have zero respect for this emasculated moron—it’s much more effective to point a gun, pull the trigger, and send a piece of hot lead into the soft flesh of a rapist or killer.

French author Marcel Proust fought a duel not with a pen, but a gun.

French author Marcel Proust fought a duel not with a pen, but a gun.

Literary Digression

On February 5, 1897, the great French author Marcel Proust fought a duel with journalist Jean Lorrain, after Lorrain published a highly negative review of Proust’s first book “Pleasures and Days.” Proust and Lorrain exchanged shots at twenty-five paces. Both missed. Their seconds agreed that honor had been satisfied.

Wonder why Proust didn’t use his pen as a dueling weapon?

Just, y’know, asking.

End Digression

It seems to Seraphic Secret that the Democrat party is not only waging a war on women, but is clearly intent on making these United States more and more like the killing grounds of Democrat-ruled Chicago, a state that has some of the toughest gun control laws in America.

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Rape, Second Amendment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:17 am | Permalink

Robert, your caption says “Beware. The ball point pen is a deadly weapon in the hands of a ferocious liberal.

That is positively true. They routinely use the pen to sign legislation which erodes our rights and endangers our lives. Their political strategy is the epitome of “the pen is mightier than the sword!”  It comes from the play “Richelieu; Or the Conspiracy.” and in Act II the Cardinal says:

True, This! —
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great
    The pen is mightier than the sword. Behold
    The arch-enchanters wand! — itself is nothing! —
    But taking sorcery from the master-hand
    To paralyse the Cæsars, and to strike
    The loud earth breathless! — Take away the sword —
    States can be saved without it!

Doesn’t this sum up the Liberal agenda pretty well? It was written in 1839, I believe.

2. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 3:26 am | Permalink

People took the man who shot Gabby Giffords down WHEN HE STOPPED TO RE-LOAD. If even one of them had had a gun, they wouldn’t have had to wait that long.

3. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 3:23 am | Permalink

This is off-topic, but today is the Fast of Esther and I wish all the religious Jews on this website, who are fasting today, an easy one.

4. DrCarol
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

I keep my sgian dubh, a birthday present from my husband, close by.  It’s a handy little thing.

5. alterbentzion
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Back in the yeshiva dorm – which was broken into a few times – I used to keep an X-acto knife and an all-brass, fine-point mechanical pencil near my bed. Truth to tell, getting a gun never occurred to me. But that dorm was mostly constructed of drywall, and the rooms had anywhere from two to dour students in each; wouldn’t stray bullets have gone right through those walls, and wouldn’t other students have been at risk?

• Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Penetration through walls is certainly a concern in dorms and apartment buildings where large numbers of neighbors are located. Choosing the proper gun for the situation is always a key decision. Choosing a weapon, such as Taurus Judge or the Smith & Wesson Governor — both of which shoot a .410 shotgun shell as well as a .45 Long Colt cartridge — or perhaps a smaller caliber might be in order.

The chose of ammunition is also a key consideration. You want something that expands immediately and doesn’t keep penetrating. It would NOT be ideal to use something like a .357 or .44 Magnum with a Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) in an apartment or dorm. You could easily shoot through a bad guy at close range and have the bullet pass through walls.
      That’s why I would prefer the shotgun shell or a Glaser Safety Slug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug) which are used by Sky Marshals aboard airplanes (you REALLY don’t want over penetration at 30,000 feet!)

Posted February 20, 2013 at 9:25 am | Permalink

a polite way of saying we have zero respect for this emasculated moron

Robert, I think you are being too generous calling him a moron. Plus all morons are offended to be lumped in with him and have strong grounds for defamation.

What is the problem with these people? Do they really think real life is like some weekly crime show where killers explain to their victim why they are going to kill them thus giving the police time to rescue them? Do they think threatening to write a strongly worded letter to the NY Times is enough to send a criminal fleeing in fear?

What really scares me is he will probably get re-elected. That’s the biggest knock against public education possible.

7. Brianna
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Robert, you should write your next post on the wise words of our Vice President

Apparently shotguns are easier to use and aim than AR-15s; who knew?!?  And there’s nothing illegal, immoral, or tactically unsound about loading a shotgun, shooting all your ammunition in the air, then probably not being able to re-load in time to actually shoot the intruder.

As one commenter pointed out, if it’s illegal for the mentally unfit to possess firearms, why does Mr. Biden have 2 of them?

• Johnny
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Brianna:

Dana Loesch is on the radio now just mercilessly mocking Biden and pointing out the idiocy of what he said. No one, absolutely no one with any common sense would ever listen to his advise and I assume the SS will have to assign additional agents to protect Jill Biden since every criminal in the area knows they can rush her after she fires the two shots into the sky.

And of course those shots will never come back to earth. Parents around the Bidens are making their kids wear football helmets as minimal protection. Unless they are Democrats or members of the press. Then they would just laugh it off as Biden being old crazy Joe again.

If Sarah Palin had ever suggested what Biden did liberals would use it as evidence she has the IQ of a mouse and an example of how stupid all Republicans are. At least Palin understands the laws of gravity.

• Brianna
        Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:17 am | Permalink

“If Sarah Palin had ever suggested what Biden did liberals would use it as evidence she has the IQ of a mouse ”

No they wouldn’t.  That would require them to actually know something about guns :-)

• Nickie Clifford
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Brianna, burst out laughing at the last sentence in your post where you refer to Joe Biden and it being illegal for the mentally unfit to possess firearms. Oh my word – is it just my husband and I who’s jaws drop every time that man utters a pronouncement?! Perhaps, Democrats are simply unable to perceive the complete idiocy and buffoonery (is that a word?) – of the man (Emperor’s clothes?).

8. Posted February 20, 2013 at 7:12 am | Permalink

So, I am at the fund raising dinner of our local Jewish Day School and I recommended your blog to a Chabad Rabbi friend that I had not seen for awhile.
    Why?
    Because he and, a former Day School classmate of my youngest son who is an IDF paratrooper; a sofer (scribe); with long blond peyos, and I got into a discussion about guns of which my IDF friend owns a few.  I reiterated my position that I am not a gun guy.  My Chabad Rabbi friend told me:  “Get a gun. Now.”
    I’m still not a gun guy but – all around me – this IDF “kid” who, along with my son and others, I used to chastise for their bad behaviors; one of my closest friends who I discovered owns several very cool looking guns; and now this Chabad Rabbi who is all about Outreach and Yiddeshkeit – are ALL gun guys…
    My only apparent solution, bli ayin hora, is to stay ensconced “far from the madding crowd” and hope that the need never comes up…

• jarhead.6326
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 9:01 am | Permalink

… and hope that the need never comes up…
      And yet by the time the need manifests itself, it could even be too late to rummage around for a pen.  Don’t get me wrong, as a US Marine, I sincerely believe in the MCMAP motto of “One Mind, Any Weapon”.  As such, I do keep a pen on me and I know just where to place it to stop an attacker.  But I would much rather induce a little lead poisoning from my Glock 23C at distance than go hand-to-hand.
      Wherever the law allows, I always keep my Glock within easy reach.  And this is not only to protect myself but those around me.  Ultimately, as an armed citizen, I will immediately protect the soft targets around me by the sheer virtue of being armed.  As soon as an assailant recognizes that I have a weapon, I become a threat to him and his attention immediately diverts from the wide range of soft targets to the one hard target in the area.  He has one of two distinct options at this point – he can engage me directly or he can retreat (this can include the cowardly act of suicide, as well).  In either case, he is effectively a vastly minimized threat to the populace around him because his focus is on me and not them.
      The liberal mindset that a gun can never and has never been used for good is astounding!  The only way to effectively combat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!  Hitler may have something to say on the matter, since he was a bad guy with a gun that was beaten by a good guy with a gun (or several).  Yet, not everyone is in a position to have a gun to protect themselves for any number of reasons, and I don’t fault that.  However, don’t take away my right to protect myself and those around me because you believe an inanimate object is “bad” in and of itself.

• sennacherib
        Posted February 20, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Jarhead,
        You’ve got it right. “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that’s in the right and keeps on a-comin’. Attitude is 90% of the fight. It might not always get you through, but without it you’re done for. The attention of your opponent is paramount, it’s one reason I’ve never understood why that deputy at columbine broke contact. I know he claimed lack of ammo, but in that situation I believe you never break contact unless they get you. Make the S-Bs’ pay attention to me, not kids and buy time for reinforcements. Well had to get that one off my chest.

Posted February 20, 2013 at 5:30 am | Permalink

If that is all you have at your disposal a ball point pen can work, but point taken. If you know how to use it and if you are willing to put in places not for the squeamish – which this Senator most likely never heard of. Unless you have the mind-set to kill a pen would be a momentary distraction for a rapist.

And if you have the mindset to kill to defend yourself, you will be thinking of a range of options beforehand.
    Reminds me of the advice your Israeli tank commander friend said one evening.
    I met this retired Marine Master Sgt – a woman – Kelly is small, one would not say she has a “physical presence”. But a story I heard about her made me laugh – She was living in Honolulu, was going jogging, and her father expressed concern that either because of the locale or the time might not be the wisest of decisions.
    “Don’t worry”, she said, “I can kill anybody with this pen”

• exdemexlib
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 7:38 am | Permalink

“Don’t worry”, she said, “I can kill anybody with this pen”

Probably true for her, and for people who took KravMaga,
      (pen point rammed into the eye with full force, entering the brain, would do it.)

here is an Uzi version of a pen designed to do this:

With training, a nice tool, in addition to a woman’s firearm of choice.

• Miranda Rose Smith
        Posted February 21, 2013 at 3:49 am | Permalink

You don’t need a ballpoint pen for that. You can use your thumbs.

Posted February 20, 2013 at 3:48 am | Permalink

Not the deadly Le Bic. Mon dieu mon ami, so this is why Voltaire, Dumas, Hugo, Zola, Rabelais, and so many more french authors were never raped. The world must know. I must admit the mental picture of Voltaire with a whistle and a can of mace is a little amusing.