Update #11: The deaths of Hitler and bin Laden were announced on exactly the same date: Hitler, May 1, 1945. Bin Ladin, May 1, 2011.
Update #8: My friend Rob Miller of JoshuaPundit makes an excellent point:
President Obama announced the news last night. Ironically, this operation was only made possible because of intelligence obtained on one of bin-Laden most trusted couriers obtained during the enhanced interrogation of Khalid Sheik Muhammed that the president, his administration and his party denounced so heavily.
Update #7: From Elder of Ziyon, Arab Americans Welcome bin Laden’s Death—Because he was a Zionist.
Update #6: Arabs riot in the village of Silwan to protest bin Laden’s elimination. Hey, I have a fab-u-lous idea: let’s hand these savages a state of their own because what the world really needs is another lunatic, Islamist state.
Update #3: An excellent Jackson Diehl editorial in WAPO on who is mourning bin Laden.
Update #2: Inside the Raid on bin Laden’s Compound.
Update #1: How the U.S. Tracked Down bin Laden.
1. Yesterday, Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Memorial Day, was the very day American forces unleashed hell and vengeance against Osama bin Laden.
2. As Navy Seals, Delta Force and CIA operatives stormed Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan, Seraphic Secret was meeting with a close friend, a Holocaust survivor, who, as a child, saw Josef Mengele send his mother, sister and brothers to the gas chambers in Auschwitz. For the past three years, Seraphic Secret has been helping write and edit this amazing memoir of survival and heroism. Hence, we did not find out about Osama bin Laden’s death until quite late at night.
3. We were delighted to see Americans gather in the streets of major cities in the middle of the night to celebrate the death of the human monster who declared war on America and plotted the murder of over 3,000 Americans nearly ten years ago.
4. Most moving was Ground Zero where family members held aloft pictures of loved ones who were murdered on 9-11.
5. On that terrible day, our son Ariel Chaim was still alive. We can still hear him saying: “Why do they keep calling it a tragedy? It’s an atrocity.”
6. True to Islamist form, a woman was used as a human shield in the bin Laden compound.
7. And here’s all you need to know about Hamas who occupy Gaza and have just cut a deal with Fatah to form a unity Islamo-Nazi government:
Reuters, Breaking News, Hamas condemns U.S. killing of bin Laden, calls it “assassination” of “Arab holy warrior.”
8. The Muslim Brotherhood has also condemned Osama Bin Laden’s killing. The Brotherhood are poised to take over Egypt in the next few years.
9. Seraphic Secret spoke with a friend in Jerusalem who said: “We are very happy about bin Laden’s elimination.” And the mood in Gaza, Judea and Shomron, AKA The West Bank? “Not so happy,” our friend sighed, “they adore bin Laden.”
10. We have been told that Osama Bin Laden was buried at sea with all proper Muslim ceremony. Seraphic Secret is confused by this strict adherence to Islam. Haven’t we been told repeatedly and with great conviction that bin Laden and all such Muslim terrorists are not, um, Muslims.
11. It would have been much more effective—Seraphic Secret believes in drama—to take bin Laden’s head and mount it on a pike at Ground Zero.
12. Keep in mind that bin Laden was being protected by Pakistan, an “ally” of America.
13. Robin Williams explains jihad and the virgins/raisins who await bin Laden. Profanity Warning:
H/T Soccer Dad