Robert asked me to inform the readers of Seraphic Secret that we scrapped the Intense Debate comment system because it was too complex and was causing too much confusion. As a result I reverted to the stock comment system that comes with WordPress along with a couple of bells and whistles that are designed to eliminate spam while encouraging debate.
The principle is easy, keep it simple, as I will explain here:
- All readers must do a one time registration, this may be done via this link here. The link will also be accessible from the comment section where you are instructed to log in.
- You must be logged in to comment.
- Comment author must have a previously approved comment in order to comment without moderation. i.e. – Your first comment after registering and logging in will be held in the moderation queue. From then on your comments will immediately appear on the blog unless you have included a ton of links. (This is done to prevent spam.)
- You can subscribe to comment threads via the “Notify me of followup comments via e-mail” checkbox that appears directly below the comment input box.
- You will be allowed a one-time edit of your comments after posting for a limited amount of time. Thus you can fix typo’s or mis-statements. This is a great feature!
- I added a comment rating feature.
- You should see a panel to allow for custom typesets like bold, etc.
- There is a option to automatically quote from a previous comment with auto block quote (indentation).
That is about it for now. Moving from Movable Type to WordPress is not without some pain. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues with the site. As always, please be sure to clear your browser cache if you see any unexpected behavior on the site. (hold down the shift key on a pc while refreshing the page, alternate shift+F5 combo key press).
Have a Happy Fourth of July Weekend. – Trip