H/T Bookworm Room
The USA has the highest per-capita rate of gun ownership in the world by far. Progressives will tell you that this is what makes America the Murder Capital of Planet Earth. But we’re not, and in this devastatingly effective Firewall, Bill Whittle shows why the center of Gun Nut Nation is in fact one of the safest places in the world.
It happened in Texas.
A free citizen under siege by two criminals defended himself and his wife by force of arms.
Will Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or Barack Hussein Obama now lecture us about the evils of guns? Will they tell us that they could have been these two kidnap victims who fought back?
Will The New York Times cover this story?
No, no, and no.
The race hustlers and gun control advocates will never acknowledge that the Second Amendment is a constitutional, G-d given right that allows free citizens to stay free from the tyranny of government and the tyranny of criminals.
As a Hollywood screenwriter, I pride myself on having a pretty vivid imagination.
But I have to admit that the average liberal/Democrat/progressive manages to come up with anti-gun narratives that are, to put it mildly, beyond imagination.
Yesterday, Seraphic Secret highlighted some liberal rape prevention advice from the University of Colorado Springs, which included telling women to vomit, urinate, or tell the attacker they have a disease. As if making yourself less attractive will dissuade a rapist. I suppose liberals have not received the memo that rape is more about dominance than sex.
Now comes another liberal Democrat, Colorado State Senator Ulaberri—must be the legalization of pot—who adds ball point pens to the mighty arsenal of liberal self-defense.
Guns being Bad and gun-free zones being Good, the “Department of Public Safety” at the University of Colorado Springs has some advice for its students as to how they might protect themselves from rape.
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
- Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.