That’s what comes to mind when Seraphic Secret thinks of Paula Deen.
She cooks with lots and lots of butter. And, not surprisingly, her politically incorrect defiance of liberal health Nazis have made her brand wildly popular.
So: when we heard that Paula Deen was in hot water because of a single word—
Is private language no longer private?
Is the past no longer the past?
We’re talking about a legal deposition concerning a private comment Ms. Deen made 30 years ago.
—we didn’t pay a great deal of attention.
Look, America is a great country. The American people are, for the most part, generous and tolerant people. America is not institutionally racist. Are there racists in this country? Sure. But most of them are liberal race-baiters who have become rich and famous by pushing the false narrative that America remains a Jim Crow nation.
Al Sharpton, a thug who gained fame in the Tawana Brawley case by falsely accusing white men of raping a black girl, is a liberal Jew-hater. In 1991 Sharpton called Jews “diamond merchants” with “the blood of innocent babies” on their hands. Sharpton then led a pogrom in Harlem in which an Orthodox Jew was murdered. Sharpton’s evil is, at last, rewarded by being handed a show on MSNBC. Of course, he is described by the media as—get this—a civil-rights leader.
Jesse Jackson, another Jew-hating liberal, called NY “Hymietown.” Jackson also growled that he’d like to cut off Barack Hussein Obama’s testicles. Imagine if a Conservative white man had brayed such a threat. This despicable con-man is the confidant of Presidents and—G-d help us—also referred to as a civil-rights leader.
But these… er… civil-rights leaders, never pay a price for their language, their vile actions, their corrupt and corrupting ideology.
Nor can these race-baiters explain why Third World immigrants are storming the gates of this country legally and illegally. If America is so nasty, so racist, why are millions of dark-skinned people determined to become Americans?
Is it because they are really crypto white-racists who yearn to join the hordes of masked KKK riders that rule the streets of America?
It’s not that the left has a double standard.
The left has no standards.
The left is, at the core, amoral. They say what they say in order to get rich, or get votes. Basically, it comes down to getting power.
The entire Paula Deen story has been deliberately distorted by the mainstream media.
1. Paula Deen was sued by a white former employee.
2. The purpose of the lawsuit was to get Deen to fork over $1.25 million, or have it exposed to the public that she had once used the N-word thirty years ago. This was made explicit by the plaintiff’s attorney, Wesley Woolf, who specified in a letter demanding settlement that Deen was likely to see her commercial activities damaged by this threatened exposure. The lawsuit, in other words, is a shakedown.
3. When Deen used the N-word, it was about a black man who had robbed the bank where she worked, while pointing a gun to her head. She was speaking privately in her home when she used the word.
4. The white former employee, Lisa Jackson, wrote a letter when she left Deen’s employ expressing fulsome thanks for the opportunities Deen and her brother had provided. (Don’t believe the thanks were fulsome? Read the excerpt from the letter.)
5. Under oath as the plaintiff in her shakedown lawsuit, Jackson testified as follows (emphasis in original):
In her deposition, Ms. Jackson was forced to admit that she never heard Paula Deen utter a racial epithet, never knew her to discriminate against an employee based on gender, and never knew Paula Deen to sexually harass anyone.
So this entire thing is about a shakedown lawsuit, brought by a former employee who apparently had received blessings from Ms. Deen’s hands.
More at Dyer’s excellent blog, The Optimistic Conservative.