The New Leader of the Free World

The leader of the free world, Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, the Jewish State.

One day before the election, a teacher in the Los Angeles Unified School District told me of a conversation he had with a seven-year-old student.

The child asked for whom the teacher was voting.

“That’s private, ” said the teacher with a smile.

“If you vote for Romney, that means you have Romnesia. He’s only for rich people.”

This anecdote sent a chill up my spine.

Obviously, this child had no idea what she was saying. She was only repeating what she had learned at home and in school. I know several LAUSD teachers and principals, and they all tell me the same story: the left owns the classrooms, the left controls the levers of public education through thuggish unions. California children may not know how to spell or do simple math, but they are ardent leftists, an army of zombie tykes, the next generation of voters whose minds have been ruthlessly colonized by leftist totalitarians.

This morning, Seraphic Secret feels sad, disappointed and — yes — fearful.

Obamacare, 2,700 pages of Rube Goldberg regulations and unintended consequences, will spread like cancer throughout every corner of society. Medical costs are rising and will continue to rise. Quality health care will be the exception rather than the rule. Crushing taxes will be levied order to pay for this government leviathan.

But somewhere along the line, like Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy, like all of Western Europe, the laws of gravity will prevail and the system will falter and then collapse under the  weight of a predatory state, unsustainable debt and deficit.

In the meantime, government bureaucrats will invade every corner of your life, from birth to death. Medical research and development will languish because the profit motive will disappear. There will be a shortage of physicians. There will be a shortage of hospital beds. The political class, those who passed Obamacare in the name of fairness, will never have to submit to the indignities of the system they have set in motion. The Senate has its own health care program which, not surprisingly, is the polar opposite of Obamacare.

Israel, more than ever, is alone.

For the past few months, Valerie Jarrett, Obama’s number-one hatchet woman, has been secretly negotiating with the Iranian government. Israel has been kept in the dark. No good will come of this. That is a given. Publicly, Israel will speak reassuringly about what a good friend is Barack Hussein Obama. But behind closed doors in Jerusalem, deep anxiety prevails, and the Israeli government is planning to go it alone against the Iranian nuclear program.

Benjamin Netanyahu and the IDF are the only obstacles between the genocidal Iranian regime and a nuclear weapon.

Which makes Bibi the leader of the free world.

Certainly, the Islamists despise Obama as much as they would despise any Republican president. Yet they are savvy enough to understand that the Obama administration is a politically-correct machine whose first impulse is appeasement.

Yes, our drones will continue to pick off Islamic terrorists in Yemen and Pakistan, but the evil of Islamism will proliferate as never before. In the next four years, the American people will not once hear this government utter the words “Islamic terrorism.” Instead, we will hear about workplace violence and man-made disasters.

Benghazigate will continue to be flogged by the right, but Obama’s protectors in the mainstream media will do their duty and protect their man. Such are the fruits of a thoroughly corrupt press.

Obama won because he ran a better — more ruthless — campaign. The Democrats sliced and diced the American people. Scaring single women about abortion and birth control was dishonest but effective. Latinos fled from the Republicans because they want amnesty. And Obama, through presidential fiat, has already granted this illegal safety net, which translates into more votes.

Cynical but effective.

And finally, class warfare: It was Marx who invented and demonized social classes. Obama and his crew convinced a majority of Americans that they are not Americans, but members of a static social class permanently at war with another class. If not an economic class the Democrats have Balkanized Americans into Latinos, women, African Americans, people of color, Native Americans, gays, bisexuals, transexuals, whatever.

Again, cynical but effective.

Obama won because the left has a plan: to transform this constitutional republic into a democrat socialist state. Thus, conservatives are left fighting a defensive war. You cannot win a war unless you are fighting offense.

Defense is static. Offense is dynamic.

Ask any soldier.

As we said, Seraphic Secret is sad — but, more than anything else, disappointed. The America we love, the America we admire, seems to be slipping away.

If you have never known freedom, you cannot miss it.

Karen and I fear that the next generation of Americans will grow up in a society where tyranny is redefined as freedom.

G-d bless America.

This entry was posted in 2012 Election, Iran, Islamic Terror, Israel, Media, Mitt Romney, Obamacare and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Earl
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

I couldn’t figure why folks are so thrilled, much such all over FB.  I overcame my first rule of social media, “never talk politics”, Linda in Sacramento posted a pic of Barry hugging Michelle with the comment ‘YAY!!!’ and the exchange follows:
    Earl – You digging that trillion dollar budget deficit?
    Linda – Silly question .. NO… and that’s why Obama needs 4 more years in office.
    Earl – The deficit has more than doubled in his first four years.
    Linda – Still happy he won …
    Linda – it’s not going to be easy .. he took over a huge mess
    Seems people are just blind to facts.  So I posted a new ‘status update’ on FB:
    “For the last few months I’ve seen movies and pictures of Americans at political rallies, chanting, screaming, waving little flags and generally behaving like 15 year old girls at a boy band concert. Most unbecoming.
    But this can be fixed. Rejoin the British Empire. Not only will you get to clean up at the Commonwealth Games and play cricket, you can transfer your adolescent infatuation to the Royal Family and treat politicians with the grim cynicism they deserve.”
    I think it was de Tocqueville who said that democracy would only last so long, until people realised that they could vote themselves money.

2. Jeremayakovka
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Bibi Netanyahu and Stephen Harper

3. Nickie Clifford
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Robert, so we’re all very dissapointed today.  Last night when our loss became apparent I phoned my mother to check-up on her – knowing fully-well that she would be despondent about the results.  She said to me, bitterly – “this isn’t the country I grew-up in”.  She’s right, it isn’t the country MOST of us of a certain age were raised in.  When I began college it was perfectly acceptable to vote for Ronald Reagan if you were a student.  The majority of my fellow Alumni did so – as did my “boyfriend” (now husband of 25 years).  My son is a recent graduate of the same university – and I can assure you it is no-longer considered appropriate to be a young Republican on a college campus.  In fact, I can pretty-much guarantee that one would be villified if one were to admit to voting conservatively.  We simply do not hold the same values as those who re-elected Obama.  Unfortunately, it appears that our country is morphing into a version of western Europe – where class warfare is accepted and encouraged – rather than upward-mobility through industry.

4. CJReott
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Depressed

Over  five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel ,

“Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will  lead
    you to the Promised Land.”

Nearly 75 years ago,  (when Welfare was  introduced) Roosevelt said,
    “Lay down your shovels, sit on your  asses, and light up a Camel, this
    is the Promised  Land.”

Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the
    price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised  Land!

I was so  depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the
    economy,  the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement
    funds,  etc …. I called a Suicide Hotline.

I had to press 1 for  English.

I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal.

They got excited and asked if I could drive a  truck….

Folks, we’re screwed.

5. DrCarol
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

My husband sent me this e-mail today:
    Abraham Lincoln (one of our Prez’s supposed role models) was proved wrong, if this quote is rightly attributed to him – “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time”.  The Obama administration, Democratic Party, & liberal media elites have proved that
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can fool all of the people all of the time.

Tip O’Neill’s “All politics is local” & the corollary “some local politics is personal”, is slightly off the mark…”All politics is personal” is more the case.  The 51% of America’s “takers” have spoken by their vote – not for the good of the country, but for their own personal benefit and “revenge” as encouraged by our Prez.

If I were an artist, I would draw a smug/satisfied proudly stepping donkey, w/ an Obama American flag proudly waving attached to his saddle, followed by rows of smiling/happy/dumb sheep of various sizes, colors, rams & ewes, marching off towards a sunset.  In the background is Mt. Rushmore & the Presidents’ faces have tears dripping from their eyes.  That’s how I view these results.

• Larry
      Posted November 8, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

But he didn’t fool all of the people and he certainly doesn’t fool all of them all of the time. You’re forgetting that one definition of democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

6. David Foster
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Re economic literacy: the whole idea of a market economy seems to be counterintuitive to a lot of people. Writing at PJMedia, Yuri Yarim-Agaev tells of attending a 2004 conference on economic development in the Donetsk region of Ukraine.

“A Ukrainian academician proudly presented the major achievement of his institute — a twenty-year plan for developing the market economy in the region.
    After his presentation I asked: “Why does the market economy need a twenty-year plan?” The angry scademician replied: “How can it develop without a plan? It would be a chaos.”

“I don’t think so,” said I. “The market will regulate itself. No one planned for Microsoft or Apple.”
    “I am sure that you are wrong,” said the academician. “Some people in the White House definitely thought that through.””

7. mata hari
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Robert, I’ve been following your posts about Obama since before his first election.  You’ve been right all along, and it’s been frustrating beyond belief to feel powerless to stop him.  This time I thought there might be some hope that Romney would be elected.  His obvious win in the first debate, his sensible attitude, coupled with the horrendous failure of the current administration, seemed to make it an obvious choice for anyone with an ounce of intelligence.  I really can’t figure it out.  I don’t know what to do at this point.

8. Posted November 7, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Hashgacha Kallis – I just finished reading “How Civilizations Die (And Why Islam is Dying Too) by David P. Goldman.
    My synopsis of the book in relation to the election –

Americans have simply demonstrat
    ed that the original ideal upon which this country was founded, is no longer all that important.

The original settlers to America were Christians fleeing a European Christianity where one’s relationship to G-d was defined by the Church or the State.
    The United States was founded upon the ideal that each individual citizen had their own personal relationship with G-d.
    Apparently, a majority of Americans no longer believe this…
    It would seem that a majority of Americans believe that Submission to the State is a higher form of worship… Hmmm…. Submission – that might be a clever name for this new religion…

9. LukeHandCool
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Robert,

My best childhood friend, a Jew, started teaching the third grade in the inner city right after obtaining his college degree. He made it half way through the school year before throwing the towel in. An idealistic liberal, he made the mistake of telling the kids he was Jewish, and soon word spread through the school and kids from other classes were yelling anti-Semitic slurs from afar.

That said, he’s still a liberal Democrat!

Hope you don’t mind my posting a link to my favorite LA Times article of all time, “Spitting in the Eye of Mainstream Education.”  This approach to education (as well as a mandatory two-year stint in the military, like Israel and Singapore) could break the intergenerational transmission of poverty … especially the poverty of values:

10. alterbentzion
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

I don’t know what troubles me more, the Obama victory or the ballot initiatives in Maine and Maryland. It makes me wonder how much time this wonderful country has left – and where in the world I could possibly be happy to live.

But I am proud to say that even my five-year-old voted for Romney in her day school’s election!

11. exdemexlib
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:26 am | Permalink

An interesting aside about socialism/communism:
    The Chofetz Chaim once said, that Yeshiva administrators must take all measures possible to not expel a child from Yeshiva,
    If only little Leibele (more commonly known as Leonid Trotsky) would have stayed in Yeshiva …

12. CJReott
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Talk about having a REALLY bad day.  Someone hacked into my social security account debit card and went to an ATM in London yesterday morning and cleaned out my bank account ( actually left me $2.00). Soc. Sec. will not give me my money back. The bank card insists I used the card myself in London, although I have not left my house here in OC, CA.

Then to have BO win???  How much can one person endure?  Claudia

Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:52 am | Permalink

In 1992 when the country was coming out of a mild recession (though it was described by Democrats as the worst downturn since the Great depression) it was all about ‘the economy stupid”. Now after 4 years of an economy that is magnitudes worse than 1992, the Democrat managed to vilify and demonize the Republican and his supporters to get a second term. Four years and people cannot see Obama for the radical he (and his supporters) are.

Mark Steyn wrote America Alone. Now he can write Israel Alone. And read his After America and see how the election confirmed what he wrote.

Obama and the Democrats have not figured out how to ignore the laws of economics – they haven’t discovered the magic money tree which will pay for all the goodies they want to dish out. Public employees, no matter how essential, are paid out of the the money derived from the private economy. As much as Tom Friedman and Democrats admire China’s economy, no one has figured out how to eliminate the business cycles (except for N Korea which is in a permanent state of depression – no cycles for them).

What a crappy election. About the only good news was that Michelle Bachmann apparently survived. I only hope this is the bottom of the trough for Republicans and hope that Iran needs more than four years to get their bomb.

14. exdemexlib
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Boruch Dayan HaEmet
    (Blessed be the True Judge , ( traditionally pronounced upon hearing very bad tidings, to remind us that all power comes from G-D, and those whom He chooses to grant it, no matter how terrible it seems to us.)).
    Obama won Florida. Allen West lost Florida.

May the addled Jewish liberal Florida population, (and anywhere else), who made this possible, speedily have a complete and lasting recovery.
    I feel as if I were a reasonable upstanding Roman citizen who is living through the beginning of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire …
    The corrupt media have brought Obamaligula to power, (he might even decide that in order to rescue the economy and the country in 2016, he needs to abrogate term limits …) .
    His foreign policy may provide the setting to bring about a resurrection of the Caliphate, with all-out workplace violence resulting across the country, while he plays yet more rounds of golf as the country burns…
    It’s only positive lining is that it may usher in the Era of the Final Redemption, (although I’m beginning to understand how one Sage of the Talmud remarked about the suffering at the time of the Redemption,  Yaisai V’loy Uchminai (Let him (the Redeemer), come, but i don’t want to be there). [Beginning of Gemara Berachot ]
    May G-D have mercy on us all, and  on this great Country, and on all His creations.

15. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Seraphic Secret is posting this for our friend Jake Novak.

(I would post this in the comments section, but I keep screwing up the login process)

You were very right to start your post today with an anecdote about education. Because that is truly the reason why Obama won. The country is economically illiterate. First, in the obvious-  “I don’t know what a stock or a bond is” way, but more seriously it’s illiterate in that most Americans don’t have a sense of the economic morality that is the American ideal. These idiots who vote just for abortion and gay rights have no understanding that there is no freedom without economic freedom. And why SHOULD they know? Do we teach in public schools that the founding fathers were first and foremost small businessmen striving for economic freedom from not just taxes but all govt. intrusion? NO! We surely don’t teach economic ideals in yeshivas as I can tell you first hand. This is the essence of the “demographic change” in America. It is NOT about racial change, but intellectual change. Americans today at every economic level are the sum total of 40+ years of bad education for the poor and socialist-infested education for everyone else.

I keep telling some of my old teachers who DO get it that this has to be just as high a priority as Israel advocacy. Economic freedom is the most obvious outgrowth of b’chira chofsheet. Sink or swim baby on your own merits! As you may know, I have become obsessed with the Cain and Abel story the last few years and how much it has to teach us about economic morality. Cain’s murder of his brother is an economic crime, period. And his actions made him the first socialist. He kills to kill the idea of meritocracy and risk-reward. And then when he is caught, the first thing he does after denying it is DEMAND that G-d still protect him! Socialist to the core… and it’s proof that socialism and communism are not some new idea created by Marx or Engel or Lenin. The inclination to not work hard and still get some bare minimums provided for you from a govt-like entity is a natural human instinct that successful civilizations must suppress and failed societies always embrace in one form or the other.

Teaching people about the essence of economic morality and the American ideal of meritocracy was a passion of mine on the Varney show and will become the focus of our show when I take over Kudlow next week. My earlier email this morning about all the people who voted to raise taxes on themselves was important: these people need to be deprogrammed from all their “education” from lower school all the way through the Ivy covered walls of college.

I have no illusions: the inclination to go socialist is almost unstoppable no matter how much it fails. Notice the only civilizations to get away from socialism have to totally crash and burn first. Israel may be an exception, but it never went 100% socialist and it has not completely escaped it yet either, (though it is getting there).

16. Posted November 7, 2012 at 8:55 am | Permalink

Yeah, I was pretty upset about it as well, and I vented:

I feel very bad for my American friends right now. These will be four very trying years. My heart is with you, but not, obviously, my vote. I have to assume Israel is fully prepared for what, I’m sure they know, is a the worst case scenario.

• Bill Brandt
      Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Rick – I am reminded of an opening theme of The Forgotten Man - a history of the Great Depression. One of the central themes was that while the rest of the West was starting to get out of the Depression (Germany exempted because of the Versailles Treaty) – the US was still mired in it due to the heavy spending and interventionist policies of both Hoover and FDR.

The country will be getting what the voters wanted – in the words of H.L. Mencken – Good and Hard

• Earl
      Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:07 am | Permalink

Great post Rick, I feel much the same way.  It’s devilishly difficult to reply to your blog.

17. dahozho
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Last night, my *preschooler* came home and announced, “Morah Chana said that Obama takes care of the states.”  My jaw dropped.  “No, hamoudi, Obama is the President.  The states take care of themselves.”  This got him upset, and so, contrary to my intentions, he had a little course in US gov’t.  I finished by, sadly, telling my son that this man is NOT a friend of Israel, and G-d will watch over the states as they conduct their busines.

I don’t know the context of this school conversation, but it has NO place in a preschool.  Teach to the level about the structure of our gov’t and citizenship, but leave candidates out of it.  I didn’t want to begin teaching civics to my child yet, but he’ll need help remaining independent of some of his teachers’ beliefs, apparently.  Yeah, this in an Orthodox preschool yet.  Sigh.

• kishke
      Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:08 am | Permalink

I hoped you filed a complaint.

One Trackback

• By Operation Amud Anan AKA Pillar of Defense on November 15, 2012 at 8:42 am

[...] Seraphic Secret wrote the day after Barack Hussein Obama was elected to another four years, Benjamin Netanyahu is now the [...]