The Zombies of Islam and Norway

dead_snow_movie_image__8_.jpg

In Dead Snow, 1999, Nazi zombies haunt Norway’s frozen tundra.

Zombies: creatures from hell who walk the earth and feed on brains and blood.

They move in herds for they have no individual free will. They do not think, they do not feel. They are oblivious to history, and they cannot be appeased. Their only motivation—programmed and powered by some malignant supernatural event—is to annihilate mankind by turning the living into the living-dead, making everyone just like them.

It is collectivism and central state planning taken to its logical concluson.

Ever since George Romero invented the zombie movie genre in his brilliant Night of the Living Dead, 1968, moviegoers have been treated to an endless procession of zombie flicks.

The genre is quite specific: take a diverse group of human beings, and gather them in one isolated location—unity of time and place—where they fight off the zombies while simultaneously resolving their various conflicts and, of course, falling in and out of love.

Even zombie movies are basically love stories.

It’s a simple but elegant formula that gives wide latitude for exploring a variety of subtexts.

Yesterday, Seraphic Secret, in a continuation of our sudden and inexplicable interest in Norwegian films, screened Dead Snow, a clever, if gory, over-the-top zombie film.

Plot: A group of seven medical students vacation in an isolated cabin the middle of the frozen Norwegian landscape and there get drunk, have sex and, oh yeah, do battle with, get this, Nazi zombies.

Best line in the film is when a character is bitten by a Nazi zombie and his friend observes: “Your grandfather was Jewish so it’s not likely the zombies will go for your blood.”

Which just goes to show how great is the human capacity for self-delusion.

ArabsonNorthbordernaqba.png

Zombies invade Israel’s Northern Border.

Meanwhile, at the very same time as Seraphic Secret was screening Dead Snow, zombies were invading Israel.

You see, the reason the zombie genre caught on so quickly and will be with us, well, forever, is because audiences recognize dramatic truth when they see it.

Zombies have always walked the earth.

Once upon a time there were Nazi zombies, Japanese zombies, Communist zombies.

Today, they are Islamic zombies and the progressive zombies who enable their insatiable blood lust.

They do not think, they do not reason, they have no pity, no empathy, they are utterly impervious to the basic rules of civilization.

And like all zombies, they thirst for blood.

You cannot change the mind of a zombie because they do not have minds. All they have is the herd instinct that drives them to kill and kill and kill some more.

(Read Instincts of the Herd in Peace and War, by Wilfred Trotter, inventor of the term herd instinct.)

And the only way to defeat them is a bullet to the brain.

See: Osama bin Laden.

The war between zombies and human beings is a long war. There really is no end in sight.

They cannot be defeated because the living-dead are a fact of existence, for they are but a metaphor for evil.

Peace with zombies is literally impossible.

All we can do is ventilate their brain pans and hold the line.

Let us not forget this zombie moment from Ramallah, 2000, when Muslim zombies trapped, mutilated and dismembered two Jews:

Ramallah-lynch01.jpg

Islamic zombies feast on Jewish blood.

Ironic punchline: Tundra Tabloids, a spectacular anti-zombie blog from Scandanavia, reports that Norway has the distinction of being the most anti-Semitic country in the West.

Yup, Norway is devolving into complete zombiehood.

Perhaps we’ll see a sequel to Dead Snow titled: Dead Norway.

This entry was posted in Islamic Terror. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. Doug
    Posted May 22, 2011 at 7:05 am | Permalink

I discovered Seraphic Secret through the Jewish World Review some while ago. Life got busy, and I had forgotten about it for too long. I was just cleaning out old bookmarks on my computer when I found that I had wisely bookmarked your site. It was a joy to rediscover your blog.
    I particularly enjoyed your May 16, 2011 post about zombies. I hadn’t thought about it, but there are two kinds of people: (1) those who want everyone to be just like them, a part of the collective, and (2) those who want to live their own lives, free of irrational compulsion.
    I have always been frightened of the collective, but I never really understood why when I was a child. Instinct, perhaps. Zombies, vampires, alien body snatchers, all creatures that subvert your will give me shivers. I know these don’t really exist, but their spirits do live in the hearts and minds of evil people.
    Putting Islam in the zombie category helps to explain my pervasive fear and dislike of those spiritually malformed creatures. I am reminded of the Borg on Star Trek, whose prime directive is to assimilate or destroy all other life forms. “You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”
    To be honest, I put progressive liberals in the same category as zombies. They scare me even more than Muslims, because under that thin veneer of “for the children” smarminess is a coldblooded desire to use whatever means necessary to suppress or eliminate me. They do not wish to assimilate me as the Muslims do. They know I cannot be assimilated, for I am a conservative, evangelical Christian with ties to the Messianic Jewish community and other conservative Jewish organizations.
    Should socialism/communism win its battle with our Republic, I would be among the first to be sent to the gulag, assuming that I was taken by surprise.

2. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted May 17, 2011 at 6:09 am | Permalink

The now-so-called “Palestinians,” who are historically, culturally and linguistically Arabs, already have a state. It’s called Jordan, and if the Western left-liberals ever for one minute cared about the now-so-called “Palestinians” as anything besides cat’s-paws to finish off Israel for them, they would demand that Jordan take in the “Palestinians.”
    The U.N. wants to recognize a “Palestinian” state because it would pose an existential threat to Israel. If they cared about the “Palestinians” they wouldn’t give them a state that would be run by Hamas-Fatah-Hizballah. People think there”s a “Palestinian” refugee problem now? Wait till the “Palestinians” are fleeing their new homeland as though it were a building on fire!

Posted May 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

I love Night of the Living Dead but it didn’t scare me as much as Invasion of the Body Snatchers. At least you could shoot the zombies.
    While throughout history Jews have been accused of blood libel, aren’t the Arabs in Hamas and the PLO the ones that wallow in the blood of Jews? Was Ramallah any different than what happened to the Fogels or numerous others? I’m sure the PLO has both on their greatest hits album but then who can keep track when there are so many.
    There has been talk of the UN recognizing a Palestinian state sometime this year and of course it would be laugh out loud funny except anyone can see the Obama administration going along with it instead of using its veto. How any civilized country can even consider such a step when they still haven’t answered for kidnapping Gilad Shalit. But things like the murder of the Fogels or Shalit’s kidnapping are details to be ignored in a rush to solve the ME problem. What’s a little blood lust when there are peace prizes to be won.

4. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Ben Zev:
    Thanks so much for dropping in and pointing out the modern methods of avoiding class work. When I was a yeshiva student in the 60′s, I used to cut class and attend movies in Manhattan.
    For my non-Jewish readers, bein-hasedorim means between Torah classes

5. BenZev
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Nazi Zombie (Call of Duty-World at War) is the most popular bein-hasedorim playstation game at my yeshiva. It has proven to be a highly engaging alternative to any kind of learning.

6. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Kishke:
    Yes, I understood your point and regrettably did not address it. My apologies.
    In a sense the Norwegian Nazi troops were like the Ukranian, Romanian and Muslim Nazi soldiers, etc., who sought to be more brutal than the Nazis.

7. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:49 am | Permalink

dahozho:
    Thanks so much.
    I read Sultan Knish a.k.a. Daniel Greenfield—
    —a few hours after putting up my post. He’s a wonderful blogger, a must-read. That we explore the same herd issue—his blog deals with Liberals and Rape—is obviously a sign of great minds, yadda, yadda:-)

8. kishke
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Robert, while it’s true that there were many Quislings, they were in-country. I was referring to Norwegian troops who fought for Hitler abroad. That’s a whole ‘nother level of commitment.

9. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Kishke:
    Indeed, there were plenty of Quislings
    in Norway during World War II. As in France, the underground resistance to Nazism was but a minority of a minority of citizens.

10. dahozho
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Excellent comparision, Robert. Its interesting that you and Sultan Knish have slightly parallel posts up on the topic of islam & the herd mentality.
    Too much herd and not enough individuality always tends to be a bad combo for human communities/cultures. And this is a scary-big herd we’re talking about…

11. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Propher Joe:
    I wish I had less depressing news too, but when zombies roam the earth one has to face a grim reality.

12. kishke
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Quite a few Norwegians fought for the Nazis. There’s actually a book on my reading list that touches on the subject: Jo Nesbo’s “Redbreast.”

13. Robert J. Avrech
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Yes, Miranda, I have heard of I Walked with a Zombie, 1943.
    This early zombie flick, and a few others, was tied to Voodoo.
    Romero refined the idea to armies of zombies roaming the earth created by, er, something in the atmosphere, creatures who nourish themselves with blood and brains.
    Early zombie films were general horror films, but Romero invented the modern zombie genre.

14. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

I am devastated by the attempted invasion, devastated by nedia handling of it, and devastated by CUNY giving the honorary degree to Tony Kushner.
    Don’t delete this. It’s a correction.

15. Miranda Rose Smith
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 8:22 am | Permalink

Dear Robert: You never heard of I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE?
    I am devasted by the attempted invasion, devestated by nedia handling of it, and devastated by CUNY giving the honorary degree to Tony Kushner.

16. Posted May 16, 2011 at 7:48 am | Permalink

I wish you had less disturbing news, Robert…